We are the Sign Language Interpreters Association of NZ
Guidelines for SLIANZ newsletter
- Newsletter purpose - To keep SLIANZ members informed of recent changes or development in the interpreting industry as well as providing reviews or reports on interpreting events from a national and global scale. We also give an outline of upcoming events and general admin relevant to members.
- Newsletters will have feature articles and minor articles:
Feature Article examples - International events, e.g. Attending overseas conferences e.g. – WASLI, ASLIA, UN. Interpreter experience in an unusual context or interpreting work abroad, e.g. – Pacific Islands, UK, UN. If no international articles are submitted before deadline then local PD events or research articles will be put as feature articles.
Minor Article examples - from local sources e.g. Local PD reviews, personal interest stories e.g. – someone gets married, babies – snippets and photographs.
- Article Length guidelines: Feature Article - 1 ½ pages, Minor Article – less than a page.
- Newsletter frequency - Quarterly e.g. April, July, Oct, December.
- Article submissions – Articles to be submitted by the first date of the month of newsletter editions. For example – April newsletter would have 1 April content deadline.
- Please Note: The SLIANZ newsletter does not advertise businesses or non-SLIANZ PD events (other than displaying the dates of PD in the calendar section of our newsletter).